BY LAUREN GANTENBEIN
After finals, it will be eight months until I return to St. Norbert College. While I am absolutely thrilled, nervous and ready to study abroad in London this fall, I have reached the point where I have realized all the things I will miss about our beautiful campus while I am away. As an incoming freshman, I had no idea how much this place would transform my life and become a second home. These are the five things that I will miss the most about St. Norbert and will be thrilled to return to in January of 2016.
- Our small, tight-knit community. I will miss being able to walk outside and getting friendly smiles from friends or sitting in Ed’s and running into friends. I will miss the comfort and the feeling that someone that I know is always around. Friendly smiles and waves will be missed.
- Campus food. While most college students complain about the food that their school offers, I think we can all agree that our food is amazing. I will miss the anticipation I feel all day when the potato bowl is being served or when I get to sit down to a nice chicken tender basket at Phil’s after a long day of classes. I can honestly say I look forward to January when I can have an Oreo shake from Ed’s again.
- I will miss the wonderful Mulva basement and the many levels of our library. It is the perfect place to study, and I will miss having such a quality learning facility.
- I will miss my daily walks to class and being entertained by the squirrels. Whether I think they are going to attack me or they are ferociously climbing up a tree looking for nuts, I will miss their clever and sneaky personalities that provide daily entertainment.
- Roommates are the people who you can talk to about anything, go to meals with and spontaneously burst into laughter with over the countless inside jokes that you share. I will miss the ability to be around the people who I have been around constantly the past two years. I look forward to weekly Skype dates with them.