LAUREN GANTENBEIN | FEATURES EDITOR
March signifies the beginning of spring; a time when the flowers come into bloom, the snow finally melts and an appreciation for the outdoors is restored. March is also a time for St. Patrick’s Day. “The Luck of the Irish” is an expression one might hear in celebration of this green, fun and party-filled holiday. However, as students at St. Norbert College, we are also extremely lucky. Here are the top five reasons SNC students are lucky this March.
- Spring Break: March signifies the coming of the most important week of the spring semester: Spring Break! Whether you are going home to spend time with family or going on vacation with friends, Spring Break is the perfect time to relax, rejuvenate and have the time of your life.
- St. Patrick’s Day: Instead of St. Patrick’s Day landing during spring break, this year we will actually be in school. So this St. Patrick’s Day is the perfect day to celebrate with your friends and roommates.
- The Caf: We are so lucky at SNC to have such a delicious and healthy cafeteria. From the new Weekday Wellness program to the fan favorites, such as the potato bowl and turkey schwarma, the possibilities are endless at our cafeteria.
- Communio: Here at SNC we are very fortunate to be involved in a small caring community, with professors that know you by name, students who are willing to go out of their way to help others and a welcoming environment. As I was coming back to school after a recent vacation, I only took about 10 steps before a friend greeted me with “Welcome home!” and asked how my trip was. That was when I realized that kind of thing just doesn’t happen at a big school and how blessed I am to go to a school that focuses so heavily on communio.
- Housing: Although signing up for housing can sometimes be a major headache, we have great housing here on campus. Whether you live in the freshmen dorms or a townhouse, there is no bad place to live at SNC. Everything is within a 10-minute radius, which makes waking up 10 minutes before class and still getting there in time possible.